Many of you will already have heard about the GoPro WiFi BacPac and remote control coming soon for the GoPro Hero and Hero2.
The Wi-Fi Combo Kit enables remote control, live preview and playback on smartphones and tablets, live streaming to the web, and more. The Wi-Fi Combo Kit is compatible with HD HERO2 and Original HD HERO cameras.
Key features include:
- Control up to 50 cameras a time
- Full camera control: On/Off, Mode, Shutter, and Settings
- Attachment strap, key ring, and charging cable included
- Wearable & Waterproof to 10’/3m
GoPro App + Smartphone or Tablet (Coming Soon)
- Control your GoPro(s) with your smartphone or tablet
- Live preview & playback of videos & photos from your GoPro(s)
- Wi-Fi transfer* footage from your GoPro to your smartphone or tablet and share with friends
- Live stream your smartphone as a hotspot
Live Streaming + Sharing Directly from Your GoPro (Coming Soon)
Live stream video or share photos and videos directly to the web from your GoPro, wherever you have a network connection (coming soon).
Note that a software update will be necessary before using the Wi-Fi BacPac or Remote. Click here for further details.
Even though very little information has been released from GoPro to date, this definitely looks like the must have GoPro accessory for motorcyclists.
One of my disappointments about using a GoPro on a motorcycle is that it’s all but impossible to start/stop recording during riding without putting your life in serious risk. This result is many hours of video that ends up on the cutting room floor and more time spent editing.
By the look of things the GoPro WiFi BacPac and remote control will overcome this especially as multiple cameras can be operated from a single remote control.
Check out these videos:
I reckon these will be sold out almost as soon as they are released so get your order in now. I’ve done just that with the guys at Dogcam (click here to go to their website).